Three sharpening stones including sharpening stone holder.
Set contains the following products:
- Shapton Hard Bond Glass Ceramic Stone #500
- Shapton Hard Bond Glass Ceramic Stone #2000
- Shapton Soft Bond Glass Ceramic Stone #8000 (Ideal for white and blue paper steel)
The premium range from the Japanese company Shapton is the glass-ceramic stone series. The sharpening particles are highly pure and homogeneous. This is noticeable when changing to finer grits: The traces from the previous grit are quickly ground out. A special bond allows quick sharpening on a flat surface. The sharpening stone has a base of tempered glass and is thus 100% warp-free. Conventional sharpening stones may warp microscopically by absorbing water, but Shapton stones solve this problem with their extremely flat base of tempered glass.
Before use, spray the stones with water
Do not soak or store the stones in water
Advantages of the glass series stones are:
- The grit rating and the size of the particles in microns under the glass are always visible
- The glass allows you to use the stone down to the last layer until you reach the glass. Most stones in the market get thinner and thinner after prolonged use and they are prone to break.
- Shapton Stones are delivered with chamfered edges
- The tempered glass back gives to the stone extra protection in case dropping them on the floor
Our warehouse is based in Nelson, New Zealand and all transactions are charged in New Zealand dollars. All shipping is charged at $NZD 7.90 including GST for shipping anywhere within New Zealand excluding Great Barrier Island, Waiheke island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
All goods from a single order will be shipped together. If several orders have been made on the same day, by the same person, to the same delivery address, we will do our best to combine those orders into one shipment unless otherwise instructed.
Shipping is free of charge within New Zealand for all overs $199NZD. This is excluding Great Barrier Island, Waiheke island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
Please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to have your goods shipped outside of New Zealand or any of the islands mentioned above and we will advise you of custom shipping costs.