Tanaka Vg10 Damascus Santoku Knife 165mm Octagon Handle. Tanaka knives are made in a traditional workshop at Miki City in Hyogo by Mr. Shigeki Tanaka and a small crew of his employees. Santoku, all-purpose knife, can be used all-round with meat, vegetables, and fish, which is ideal for slicing, dicing, and chopping.
Tanaka Vg10 Damascus Santoku Knife 165mm Octagon Handle.
Tanaka knives are made in a traditional workshop at Miki City in Hyogo by Mr. Shigeki Tanaka and a small crew of his employees.
Each Tanaka knife is hand-forged in the traditional way, as it has been done for hundreds of years in Japan.
- Light and sleek modern design.
- Double-edged Japanese knives, made of VG-10 stainless steel with layered pattern (8 layers on one side).
- Since it is a double-edge type, it can be used with both right and left handed.
- Rust resistant and easy to sharpen. (it is not long lasting rust proof)
- Magnolia wood handle with a buffalo horn ferrule, so it makes lighter than other wooden handle types.
- Santoku, all-purpose knife, can be used all-round with meat, vegetables, and fish, which is ideal for slicing, dicing, and chopping. Santoku is well know as all-rounder knife.
- Total length 302mm, blade length 165mm, blade width 48mm, blade thickness 2.5mm, weight: 106g.
Clean the knife by hand and wiped dry immediately after every use. Do not put it in the dishwasher, even if it is rustproof. Stainless steels even can get rust. We recommend wiping the blade with a thin coat of Japanese pure camellia oil (sold separately) if the knife is not going to be use for a while.
Please don't use for cutting frozen food or to chop bones.
The blacksmith is turning out excellent knives with unsurpassed Japanese blade knowledge and expertise handed down from generation to generation for centuries.
Some Michelin 3-star chefs in Europe gave a high marks to the Tanaka knives, and we recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
Our warehouse is based in Nelson, New Zealand and all transactions are charged in New Zealand dollars. All shipping is charged at $NZD10 non rural and $NZD14 rural including GST for shipping anywhere within New Zealand excluding Great Barrier Island, Waiheke island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
All goods from a single order will be shipped together. If several orders have been made on the same day, by the same person, to the same delivery address, we will do our best to combine those orders into one shipment unless otherwise instructed.
Shipping is free of charge within New Zealand for all overs $450NZD excluding some Hikoki, Mafell, Tormek, Tanos, Metabo and Veto Pro Pac products. Free shipping is excluding Waiheke Island, Great Barrier Island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
Please contact us directly on email@example.com if you have any questions.