Gauge for measuring cutting angle of firmer chisels and carving chisels. The gauge is made of stainless steel. The edges are slightly rounded to protect the tool. It has 4-way angles for firmer chisels, carving chisels and plane irons.
Gauge for measuring cutting angle of
firmer chisels and carving chisels
- The gauge is made of stainless steel
- The edges are slightly rounded to protect the tool
- It has 4-way angles for firmer chisels, carving chisels and plane irons:
- 17° for soft wood (standard angle for carving chisels)
- 20° for medium-hard wood
- 25° for hard wood (standard angle for firmer chisels)
- 27° for very hard wood
- The round hole at the end of the recess prevents the cutting edge from touching the gauge during the test procedure
- A permanent marking has been applied by a laser that does not fade even after frequent use of the gauge
- The large opening at the end of the gauge can be used as a bottle opener
- For safe storage of the gauge, a high quality leather case is included
Our warehouse is based in Nelson, New Zealand and all transactions are charged in New Zealand dollars. All shipping is charged at $NZD 7.90 including GST for shipping anywhere within New Zealand excluding Great Barrier Island, Waiheke island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
All goods from a single order will be shipped together. If several orders have been made on the same day, by the same person, to the same delivery address, we will do our best to combine those orders into one shipment unless otherwise instructed.
Shipping is free of charge within New Zealand for all overs $199NZD. This is excluding Great Barrier Island, Waiheke island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
Please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to have your goods shipped outside of New Zealand or any of the islands mentioned above and we will advise you of custom shipping costs.