The premium range from the Japanese company Shapton is the glass-ceramic stone series. The sharpening particles are highly pure and homogeneous. This is noticeable when changing to finer grits: The traces from the previous grit are quickly ground out. A special bond allows quick sharpening on a flat surface.
Advantages of the glass series stones:
- These range is made to be used when sharpening high carbon steels like blue or white paper steel for example. They can be also used with any other steels.
- The grit rating and the size of the particles in microns under the glass are always visible
- The glass allows you to use the stone down to the last layer until you reach the glass. Most stones in the market get thinner and thinner after prolonged use and they are prone to break.
- Shapton Stones are delivered with chamfered edges
- The tempered glass back gives to the stone some extra protection in case of accidentally dropping them on the floor
Caring for your stone:
Shapton ceramic sharpening stones have been carefully developed to be low maintenance. Please observe the following guidelines while caring for your stones.
- Do not leave the stone in water.
Doing so may damage the stone. To use the stone, just splash water on it as needed.
- Do not leave the stone in the sun.
Store the stone indoors, out of direct sunlight.
- Do not dry the stone with a fan.
Doing so may cause hairline cracks to appear on the surface of the stone.
- Do not subject the stone to extreme temperatures.
Store the stone indoors at room temperature.
- Do not wash or use the stone with hot water.
This may damage the stone. Use only cold water.
- Do not wash the stone with soap or detergent.
This may damage the stone. Use just water.
- Do not put the stone in the dishwasher.
It is not a dish!!
Stone Dimensions: 210mm x 70mm x 10.5mm
Made in Japan
Our warehouse is based in Nelson, New Zealand and all transactions are charged in New Zealand dollars. All shipping is charged at $NZD 8.90 non rural and $NZD 11 rural including GST for shipping anywhere within New Zealand excluding Great Barrier Island, Waiheke island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
All goods from a single order will be shipped together. If several orders have been made on the same day, by the same person, to the same delivery address, we will do our best to combine those orders into one shipment unless otherwise instructed.
Shipping is free of charge within New Zealand for all overs $199NZD excluding Powertools and Machinery. This is excluding Great Barrier Island, Waiheke island, Chatham islands, d'Urville Island and Stewart Island.
Please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to have your goods shipped outside of New Zealand or any of the islands mentioned above and we will advise you of custom shipping costs.
We Also Recommend